What can you Repair?
Anything with a circuit board or electronic components can potentially be repaired, over the years we've repaired numerous devices not limited to:
- Laptops - we have done Apple laptop board repair for many years.
- Car key fobs (broken switches, broken battery connectors).
- Games consoles (such as Nintendo Switch).
- Golf trolley controllers.
- USB devices - such as memory sticks (with physical socket damage).
- Hard drives - repair of connectors on encrypted USB bridges.
- Sewing machines.
- Remote controls (eg an air suspension remote for a car).
- Computer ports (HDMI, USB etc).
We don't repair phones and tablets ourselves, but there are many repair shops that specialise in that area.
Solderfix is owned and run by Gavin Nicholson, who was the senior board repair technician at MacUpgrades for the last 10 years. You are welcome to come and see us but pleasefirst for an appointment.
Right to Repair
The Right to Repair for electronics, refers to the concept of allowing end users, consumers as well as businesses, to repair electronic devices they own, or engage third parties to repair them, without any legal or technical restrictions being imposed by the manufacturer. The idea behind this concept is to render electronics easier and cheaper to repair, with the goals of prolonging the working life of such devices, and reducing the amount of electronic waste created by broken or unusable devices.