Mac Support and Onsite Services
History and Experience
We've been repairing, upgrading and using Macs since the Beige towers of old (good ol' G3s). We've saved thousands of machines from landfill, and saved countless amounts of data and money for our clients under the MacUpgrades banner for the best part of quarter of a century. You can be assured of an honest and unbiased opinion to your questions. Please contact us for a pre-booking chat about any requirements that you may have.
Area of Operation
We are based in Sawston, near Cambridge, and tend to work within an hour's drive in any direction. For larger or ongoing support we can be flexible. Pricing details below include travel time.
Installation Services Offered Onsite
- SSD upgrades in iMacs or multiples thereof.
- SSD replacement in suitable MacBook / Pro / Air
Consultancy and Training Services Offered
- New to Mac
- Moving machines
- Software updates, going from early versions of macOS to later ones - installed on your premises, with analysis of applications which will need updating.
- Software/hardware tutorials
- Health checks - Surface scan of hard drives, startup items, memory test etc.
- Wireless network setup/troubleshooting
- Mac OS X Server Install and Commission/Upgrade/Crossgrade
- VPN configuration
- User training
- eMail best practices
- Security best practices
- Backup Audit
- Network config and design including WiFi
- Worst Case Audit
- License Audit/Site Hardware Audit - including recommendations for next steps
- Training Audit - what tools are best - workflow recommendations (such as document management, OCR, automated backups)
We operate in two ways. For specific jobs where timescales are known (such as replacing hard drives in iMacs, etc.) we can give you a fixed price in advance to complete the work - this is based on time and distance. Please contact us for details.
Alternatively, if you have multiple machines to upgrade/repair, or would like one of our engineers to come and resolve any software or hardware issues, or any other consultancy services, then pricing is as follows:
- £160 per half day (4 hours)
- £300 per day (8 hours)
If you have a longer term requirement for Macintosh support for your small business or home, please get in touch and we can work out a plan that suits you.